So the past couple of months have been a bit of a whirlwind. I have gone from having a set routine through exams and not going out or drinking at all, to having some massive celebrations finishing my finals, going on holiday and catching up on some zzzzzz’s. Now while I really want to promote having a balanced lifestyle and going out and enjoying yourself,it all has to be done in moderation. I have noticed the past week, my body has started to feel sluggish and I am feeling rundown with a cold, so I think it is time to try to sort this out and get a better balance going on.
At the end of July I am off travelling for 6 weeks and so I want to try to get myself in shape and in good habits before I go, so it is easier for me to maintain while away. The motivation behind this comes from following Chontel Duncan’s journey through her attempt of No Junk June (follow her on snapchat @chontelduncan).
For me the month of July is possibly the worst month for me to do it as I have both my birthday and my graduation ceremony and ball, so on that basis I am placing a couple of caveats in the challenge:
- I am allowed to celebrate my Birthday in style…you only turn 22 once!!
- A celebratory glass of bubbles and a yummy meal is most definitely allowed to celebrate my degree
- Being realistic…a hungover day needs to be factored in for the day after my graduation ball, and there are somethings that only chocolate and pizza can fix!
Apart from these days I am going to be going junk free through the month of July. To ensure that I stick to this I am going to fix the ground rules first, so there is no getting out of it, so here goes.
- All meals must be homemade meals, which have been prepared in advance (I am going to be prepping like a pro, I can’t wait for the insta photos)
- All snacks should be either brought before in the weekly food shop and as low sugar, low salt, ‘healthy’ as possible or homemade healthy alternatives – basically no shop brought crisps, chocolate less than 70% coco or sweets.
- No takeaways or fast food
- If eating out try to have a meal as close to your prepared meals at home
- No sauces – except homemade salad dressings.
So there you have it, hopefully I can complete this and get back into some more balanced lifestyle habits again, fingers crossed!!!!
Let me know if you want to join me on my journey, I would love to hear about your experiences as well.
Lots of flexing love